Tuesday

Fellowship and Worship at the Women's Retreat

by Lucy Wilburn

Last weekend I was asked by Barbara to write about my experience at the Women’s Retreat.  The most outstanding thing for me was the warmth of the women at Apostles in reaching out to me.  At every juncture of the retreat I encountered a warm, inviting person.  Starting with my kind invitation to come on the retreat (thank you, Lindsay!), to my conversation with the retreat planners due to a small glitch in my reservation, to the three lovely ladies I roomed with, to the women in my small group, to the friends in the car that went out of their way to pick me up for ice cream. All weekend long I constantly encountered warm, inviting women who reached out to me with generous hospitality and authenticity.
 
I also appreciated that the retreat provided a time of solitude, reflection, and listening to God; that was balanced with a dance party the last night of the retreat!  I love that this retreat offered something for everyone!  I felt ministered to in many different ways – in quiet, alone time with God, through great teaching by our speaker Sally Breedlove, through challenging and encouraging small group time, through worship, fellowship, and delicious meals, and through powerful testimonies of God’s redeeming love and work in the lives of others.
 
Thank you to everyone who worked on the retreat and who reached out to me in such a gracious way this weekend!  A special thanks to my roommates who made me feel so included. I hope to see you all soon!  (And Taylor, I want your dance party play list for my phone!)

No comments :

Post a Comment