Tuesday

Fellowship Through Art

by Jane Barnes

Most Tuesdays, a group of us meets in the Fellowship Hall to paint pictures. This is a time of fellowship and helping one another. We are the "Painting Group", which is composed of 3 Apostles Members and 4 fellow artists.
 
This group meeting in "My Father's House," has blessed me greatly. These friends and this time together is one way that God has fulfilled His promise to me from Psalm 20:4, "May He give you the desire of your heart".  God has given me the desire of my heart, to paint. Here in my father's house I find joy in the fulfillment of this desire.
 
A friend here at church asked me to paint her father's house. Another member saw the painting and asked me to paint her father's house too.  Thus, the 2 paintings shown here.




 






I pray that this painting time is a time of outreach as well as blessing to me. This is one way that we are trying to live out the mission of our church - "Seek the lost, build up the found and transform the city through Jesus Christ."

No comments :

Post a Comment