Monday

2014-2015 Fellows Program Class


Our 2015 Fellows class has settled into life in Raleigh and at Church of the Apostles over the past month. If you haven't had a chance to meet them and talk to them, here is a little information about each of them to help you get to know them better. Now you also know what they look like and can chat them up the next time you see them...


Sam Alexander  
Hometown: Asheville, NC
College: Berry College
Major: Marketing Major
Host Family: Bruce & Susanne Berger
Mentor: Frank Shell
Internship: StepUp
Apostles' Ministry: Student Ministry

What do you enjoy most? I enjoy playing and listening to music, rock climbing, and watching movies.
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellow? I want to be a fellow because I want to learn how to translate my interest in marketing into a form of work that is pleasing to the Lord.


Cailey Cramer
Hometown: Zionsville, IN
College: Christopher Newport University
Major: Psychology major / Business minor
Host Family: Matt & Marilyn Young
Mentor: Cory Oltman
Internship: Boosterthon
Apostles' Ministry: Children's Ministry

What do you enjoy most? I most enjoy conversation with deeply connected friends and family, soul connections.
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellows? I want to be a Raleigh Fellows because I want to deeply grow in my faith and I believe this is the best opportunity for growth and development at this time in my life. I want to build my life on a firm foundation. I see that this is such a transitional time in my life and I believe the Raleigh Fellows program provides the resources and tools to learn how to build a life and faith that stands the test of time. 


Aaron Culler
Hometown: Mt. Airy, NC
College: Appalachian State
Major: Psychology 
Host Family: Bruce & Susanne Berger
Mentor: Eric Oltman
Internship: Greenscape
Apostles' Ministry: Student Ministry

What do you enjoy most? Taking weekend trips with friends and doing anything with my fiancée, Charlotte.
What do you want to be a Raleigh Fellows? I want to be a Fellow because I miss being a part of something that I know is focused on Jesus, and I feel that absence in my relationship with Him. 


Bethany Doster
Hometown: Morganton, NC
College: Covenant College
Major: English Studies
Host Family: Lou White
Mentor: Gretchen Loftis
Internship: StepUp
Apostles' Ministry: Children's Ministry

What do you enjoy most? Evenings on the back porch with my family, good friends, and sweet conversations...and so much more!
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellow? I first heard of The Fellows Program through a couple of college friends.  However, it wasn’t until I visited the website and read the mission statement for the Raleigh Fellows that I began to engage in the idea of applying.  I really believe this is an incredibly purposeful time in my life that I don’t want to waste. What I admire about this program is the intense focus geared towards personal growth in Christ, the continued expansion of knowledge and understanding of who God made me to be, and the overall emphasis on engaging culture. To have the opportunity to sit under the teaching of those who intensely love the Bible, to grow relationally as I interact with a group of like-minded men and women, and to become a part of a church that values family and serving others is going to be a great way I spend the next nine months.


Wade Moody
Hometown: Mt. Airy, NC
College: UNC-Chapel Hill
Major: Management
Host Family: Derick & Spencer Daniel
Mentor: Gary Rickner
Internship: Triangle Capital Corporation
Apostles' Ministry: Children's Ministry

What do you enjoy most? Being outdoors, camping, board games, reading, sports.
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellow? To lay a biblical foundation for my life going forward and discerning my next step in life.


Kelsey Powell
Hometown: Marlton, NJ
College: James Madison University 
Major: Communication Studies 
Host Family: Billy & Cathy Williams
Mentor: Megan McGinity
Internship: Cherokee Gives Back
Apostles' Ministry: Student Ministry

What do you enjoy most? Adventures outside and spending time with people.
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellow? I want to be a Raleigh Fellows so I can grow in my knowledge of God, of others and of myself.  I hope to further learn to lead a lifestyle where every part of my life is ministry and how to incorporate God into every area of my life. 


Kelsey Riggs
Hometown: Virginia beach, VA
College: Virginia Tech 
Major: Humanities, Science, and the Environment
Host Family: Eric & Robin Bolash
Mentor: Terri Shell
Internship: Alliance Medical Ministry
Apostles' Ministry: Student Ministry

What do you enjoy most? Being outside and having adventures (I enjoy swimming, biking, hiking, and jogging).
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellow? I want to be a fellow because I want to learn. I want to learn more about the Lord, more about the Bible, more about myself, more about building and embracing Christian community, and more. 


Brian Whitman
Hometown: Haddon Heights, NJ
College: James Madison University
Major: Business Management
Host Family: Frank & Sue Koehler
Mentor: Andy Cook
Internship: Pack Purchase Inc.
Apostles' Ministry: Student Ministry

What do you enjoy most? I most enjoy time with friends and family, sports, and exploring the outdoors.
Why do you want to be a Raleigh Fellow? I want to be a Raleigh Fellow to discover more about my faith and to discover how The Lord will use me in a professional setting. I want to be vulnerable with my struggles and be part of a community of peers and mentors that will help me through those things.


No comments :

Post a Comment