Tuesday

Church of the Apostles Youth Testimonies

Amanda and Abigail Jordan
Amanda Jordan
My experiences with COTA youth have been nothing short of absolutely amazing. Our family first visited COTA in September 2013, and my older sister and I were immediately introduced to all the leaders, Fellows, and awesome high school girls. We started to go to small groups, and we quickly made more and more friends by going to Fall Camp and the Deal.  This past summer we went to REACH, and it was the best mission trip I’ve ever been on. I feel so blessed to be a part of this youth group, and I continually meet more godly people in the group every day.

Abigail Jordan
The first thing that comes to mind when I hear the words, “Church of the Apostles” is family. A little over a year ago, my family first visited COTA. At that point, I was in the middle of a crazy transition period. While trying to find a new church I was also starting freshman year at a school where I knew absolutely no one. Needless to say, I was extremely nervous. I was walking into a situation that I had no control of and had no idea what the outcome would be. Thankfully, my fears were quickly put at ease when I stepped in the youth room. The leaders immediately began to talk to me and I felt right at home. They introduced me to some of the students and the rest, as they say, is history. Church is now one of my favorite parts of the week. Not only for learning more about God, but also the people. It is a place where I can be myself and not feel pressured to be someone I’m not. The people accept me for who I am and have become my second family. I’m so grateful for their love and kindness and a place I can call my second home.



No comments :

Post a Comment