Thursday

Change a Child's World...and Yours!

Isaiah 1:17...learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, plead the widow's cause.

In July 2012, I made my first trip with the Rwanda Partnership Team.  We spent one day with Rev. Gasana at the Shyogwe Parish.  He took us to meet the Compassion International Project Staff.  As we listened to the Project Director, John Baptiste, the Lord spoke to my heart.  I came home, emailed Rev. Gasana for names of children in need of sponsors, wrote Compassion in regard to these children and 7 children's packets were mailed to me.  Thanks be to God, each of these children received Sponsors through the generous hearts of people at Apostles.  In January as the Rwanda Team was preparing for another trip, the Lord pierced my heart with Isaiah 1:17 and James 1:27.  The children in Rwanda have become a priority in my life.  One way I can help is partnering with Compassion International as an Advocate for these children.  I am deeply grateful and humbled by this opportunity from the Lord.

Craig and I have the amazing privilege of sponsoring 4 children through Compassion in the Shyogwe Diocese.  Belise, Solange, Alexia and most recently Thierry.  They are loving, humble, fun and hard working children.  They enjoy soccer, jumping rope, singing in their church choirs and going to school.  They want desperately to have an education.  In each letter we receive is a prayer request for them to understand what they are learning and be able to make good grades.  The children ask how they can pray for us and our family.  We exchange Bible verses.  I send pictures of our family.  We also receive letters from the mother's.  Two mothers shared that they walk 45 minutes to fetch water several times a day.  Each time I turn water on, I see these mothers walking for water and pray for them.  I no longer take running water for granted or waste it. These mother's prayer requests are for homes of their own, so they can provide for their children and be self-sustaining.  These children fill my heart with such joy and love.  Since visiting with them in June, I feel even more attached in the heart to them.  I see their bright eyes, beautiful smiles, hear their voices and feel the touch of their hands each morning as I pray for them.  God has blessed me tremendously with these special children whom He loves so much!

Compassion International is a ministry dedicated to releasing children from poverty in Jesus' name.  They do this through holistic child development; a model that addresses the spiritual, economic, social and physical needs of children.  Compassion works through the local churches.  The Shyogwe Diocese has 2 Compassion Projects.  Sponsoring children with Compassion International in Rwanda is another avenue of building our partnership with the Shyogwe Diocese.  When you sponsor a child, you provide the opportunity for a child to hear the gospel and receive Jesus as their Savior.

After both services this Sunday, October 20, children packets will be available for Sponsorship.  Please pray about becoming a Sponsor and offering the love of Jesus to a child in need...a child who will love you as well!  Sponsorship is $38 a month and a lifetime of love given and received!  If you have any questions, you can email Teresa Kincaid at nanatgk@gmail.com.



No comments :

Post a Comment