Friday

The Sunday Set-Up for October 20, 2013

Sermon Teaser: Here I am holding up several of my preaching tools: two commentaries on James, a book of sermon illustrations, and my computer open to Biblos.com which helps with understanding New Testament usage of Greek, and Bible Gateway, a program that can search by scripture or topic in multiple Bible translations. Along with all this, I pray for a generous gift of wisdom from the Lord so I might know how to preach to others and apply the message in my own life.

Speaking of 'wisdom'…that is the topic this week. How do you view wisdom? How do you know if you are truly wise? What characteristics do wise people most often display? What does it take to grow in wisdom? Join me this Sunday as we look at wisdom through the eyes of James. And while you're at it, please pray that I might grow in wisdom as well.

Readings for Sunday: James 3:13-18 and Matthew 5:1-9

Bulletin: October 20, 2013

No comments :

Post a Comment